News related to SEMAT
- [2010-06-03] Ivar Jacobson’s presentation at China Software Process Improvement (SPI) conference, May 31, 2012, Beijing
- [2012-06-03] Semat South African Chapter paper was published in local IEEE conference
- [2011-09-01] A new article about Semat by Ivar Jacobson appeared in CSI Communications.
- [2011-08-17] New blog entry: Semat has reached Latin America.
- [2011-08-08] New corporate signatory: Huwaei, China, Chongxiao Li
- [2011-07-15] New Signatory: Robert V. Binder
- [2011-07-03] The OMG RFP “A Foundation for the Agile Creation and Enactment of Software Engineering Methods” has been approved on June 24, 2011. Becoming adopted as part of a standard body is a major milestone of the Semat initiative. We’re happy with this achievement, which calls for broader submissions and more hard work to follow. We look forward to your participation and comments.
( Reading tip: Sections 1–5 introduce general rules for OMG proposals and standards; the actual technical content starts in Section 6).
A team of people from Semat and a team of people from OMG have worked together for more than six months on a Request For Proposal (RFP) for a kernel and a language. You can find an extract of the proposal “A Foundation for the Agile Creation and Enactment of Software Engineering Methods” at this link. Your comments and feedback are very welcome.
- [2011-05-23] New Corporate Signatory: Software Engineering Institute (SEI), USA, Paul Niesen
- [2011-05-22] New Blog of “What is Semat Revisited” by Ed Seymour SEMAT blog
- [2011-05-08] New Blog of “Update on Semat moving forward” by Shihong Huang SEMAT blog
- [2011-04-15] The First Semat China Advisory and Executive Committee Meeting will be held on April 21, 2011 in Peking University, Beijing. Professor Madam Fuqing Yang and Dr. Ivar Jacobson will attend.
- [2011-03-21] New Academic Signatory: KAIST, Korea, June Sung Park
- [2011-03-12] New Academic Signatory: SINTEF, Norway, Arne Berre
- [2010-12-24] Holiday’s Greetings
As the year 2010 is coming to an end, may we take this special opportunity to thank you for your great support to Semat. Year 2011 will be an exciting time for Semat as we moving forward to bring the vision to life, as well as the OMG’s governance of building a kernel set of universals and a language to define and compose these practices is on its way.
Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful holiday season and a very happy healthy New Year!
–Ivar, Bertrand, Richard
- [2010-11-04] New signatory: Chalmers University of Technology
- [2010-10-31] New signatory: Harold “Bud” Lawson
- [2010-10-31] Watts Humphrey
It is with sadness and emptiness that we share the news that Watts Humphrey, one of our friends and signatories, has left us. Watts Humphrey eventually had to give up the fight against his fatal illness.
Watts was one of the most influential software engineers ever. His statement that Semat is on a path to change software engineering in a way is comparable with the 1968 NATO session on software engineering in Garmisch Germany, has inspired all of us who work on Semat. His guidance and leadership in many ways will survive and continue, but we will all miss him in the daily work.
Our thoughts go today to his wife, his children, his close family, and his extended family to which we all belong.
– Bertrand, Ivar, Richard
- [2010-10-23] A Semat Status Report on the Kernel is available
- [2010-10-20] The Troika’s message to the Semat community of Semat Moving Forward
- [2010-10-08] The report on the 3rd Semat Workshop in Milano is available.
- [2010-10-08] Paul McMahon will talk about Semat at the Rochester Institute of Technology on 22 October 2010.
- [2010-09-16] Information on the upcoming 3rd Semat workshop in Milano.
- [2010-09-13] New signatories: Fuqing Yang and Peking University
- [2010-07-22] The report on the 2nd Semat Workshop in Washington, D.C. is available.
- [2010-07-22] A new document: a Domain Definition for the kernel language (draft).
- [2010-07-06] The agenda of the 2nd Semat Workshop in Washington, D.C. is available.
- [2010-06-23] New signatory: Andrey Terekhov.
- [2010-06-17] A new document: a [http://www.semat.org/pub/Main/WebHome/Participation_Guide.pdf][participation guide]] for new supporters.
- [2010-06-15] A report on the Semat panel at the Rational Software Conference Innovate 2010.
- [2010-06-05] A new document: Semat-Governance
- [2010-06-03] New signatory: Robert L. Glass.
- [2010-05-17] The Call for Participation to the 2nd Semat Workshop is available.
- [2010-05-07] New corporate signatory: IBM.
- [2010-04-24] New blog post: A response to some critiques of Semat
- [2010-04-01] New signatory: Steve Cook.
- [2010-03-22] A report on the first Semat workshop is available.
- [2010-03-18] Positions and slides from the Zurich workshop are available.
- [2010-03-05] New corporate signatory: WellPoint
- [2010-03-02] Draft program of the Zurich meeting here.
- [2010-02-16] The SEMAT Vision Statement by Ivar, Bertrand, and Richard.
- [2010-02-12] New signatory: Carlo Ghezzi.
- [2010-02-08] New corporate signatory: Fujitsu UK.
- [2010-01-26] New blog entry: What is the Scope of Software Engineering?.
- [2010-01-06] New corporate signatories: Microsoft and Toronto, Ontario.
- [2009-12-19] New blog entry: The SEMAT charter — a proposal.
- [2009-12-18] New blog entry: What is the scope of the kernel?
- [2009-12-16] New corporate signatories: SW Engineering Center and Telecom Italia.
- [2009-12-12] A